Enhance the Self-Healing Properties of Yoga
Yoga promotes self-healing by restoring the energy flow in the body. Learn about the importance of customizing your Yoga practice to enhance Yoga’s self-healing effects. We’ll also explore various forms of yoga training.
In This Webinar You Will Learn…
- What are the most common forms of yoga practice?
- How Yoga is not just exercise: It is a connection to body, mind and spirit.
- How to achieve a greater awareness of your body and learn how this is vital in healing yourself.
- How meridian stretching helps open energy centers of body.
- We’ll explore how blockages of energy are a cause of disease.
Benefits of Attending This Webinar
- Gain a better understanding of what yoga practice is all about.
- Discover what form of yoga may be best for your body condition.
- Understand how the connection of body, mind and spirit should be balanced.
Who Is Dr. Denise Tropea, DPM?
Dr. Denise Tropea is a board-certified foot surgeon and has maintained a private practice in Las Vegas for 25 years. She is originally from the New York / New Jersey area and completed her studies at the Scholl College of Podiatry in Chicago. She then went on to complete a 2-year residency in surgery and orthopedics in Salt Lake City before opening her practice in Las Vegas. In 2016 she closed her practice in Las Vegas to follow her passion in health and wellness. Her knowledge of medicine, treatment of chronic conditions, the importance of supplementation and exercise, along with her extraordinary skill as a health educator give her the cutting edge in assisting people in creating their optimal mind, body and soul health.
It’s all about wellness with Dr. Tropea. She combines nutrition, exercise and supplementation, which is the foundation to a successful transformation. Every one of us has the power to be the person that we dream of.
Her knowledge of medicine, treatment of chronic conditions and the importance of supplementation gives her the cutting edge in assisting you in creating optimal health. The tools that Dr. Tropea utilizes has been proven to guide your mind, body and soul. This is what health is all about and the vast majority of people seek the knowledge so they can heal themselves. An initial consultation is the first step to find out what your needs are and how to start the journey.
Customized Yoga Practice Enhances Yoga’s Self-Healing Properties
Denise Tropea, DPM
Board Certified Foot Surgeon
When you think of the word “yoga”…
- What thoughts and images come to mind?
Webinar will discuss:
- Different forms of yoga training
- Self healing and restoring energy flow in the body
- Our body condition should coincide with our customized yoga practice
”Yoga practice will be more enjoyable as you work with your body’s condition”
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Yoga is not just exercise, it is a connection of mind, body, and spirit
- Awareness of your body and how it is a vital to healing oneself
- Stretching helps open the energy flow of the meridian channels
- Blockage of energy is the primary cause of disease states
Benefits of Attending
- Better understanding of what yoga practices are about
- What form of yoga might be best for your body condition
- The connection of mind, body, and spirit. Ideally, one third mind, one third body, one third spirit for optimal health
What is Yoga?
- Group of physical, mental, and spiritual disciplines and the origin was in Ancient India
- In the Western world, it is a form of exercise consisting of postures
- Stretching of the meridian channels of the body
- Deep breathing
Types of Yoga
- Restorative: people recovering from injury
- Hatha: most popular, great for beginners, gentle movement and postures
- Prenatal: focuses on breathing, better sleep, and reducing back pain
- Kundalini: freeing the energy that collects at the base of the spine
- Bikram: hot yoga, sauna like environment, best to check first with your doctor if you have certain medical conditions such as high blood pressure and heart problems
- Body and Brain Energy Yoga: a Korean form of yoga that emphasizes the energy flow of the body through vibration
Awareness of our Body
- Paying attention to connecting our mind and body
- 17th Century Western looks at the mind and body as two distinct entities.
Dualism: mind and body that exists as different entities
Mind Body Connection
- Mind produces the perception of pain and promotes healing
- Mind, body and spirit should be one functioning unit working with the life force energy moving through our bodies
- The Seven Chakras: the energy centers of our body
- Meditation: restoring balance to our mind and body
- Increases flexibility
- Enhances blood flow to the muscles and our microcirculation
- Injury prevention
- Improves posture and stress relief
*Stretching is very important prior to doing yoga postures*
- Wide variety ranged from beginner to advanced
- A person’s flexibility is individualized
- Customized to respect our body’s condition
- Low back pain
- Arthritic problems
- Reduced range of motion
- Teacher has to discuss these issues with their members or clients
- Formulate a customer workout regimen or during a class, discuss the modifications that can be made
- People are much more accepting of how beneficial yoga can be if it matches their overall body condition
- The discipline can still be challenging in these situations
Essentially, anyone can do some form of yoga. To learn more, contact me for any questions.