The Tsunami of Chronic Medical Conditions and How Your DNA is Not Your Destiny
The Value of This “Your DNA Is Not Your Destiny” Webinar
Do you or someone you know suffer from a chronic condition? Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity are the world’s biggest killers today. Many think of such conditions in a fatalistic way: “My parents had the condition therefore it’s in the family and I’m doomed to get it.” “I have heart disease and there’s nothing I can do about it because it’s in my DNA.” In this session Dr. Denise Tropea will explore the causes of chronic conditions, how the DNA you inherited is not necessarily your destiny and what steps you can take to write your own health story in spite of the health history of your family or origin.
In “Your DNA Is Not Your Destiny” you will learn:
- What are the most devastating chronic diseases faced by Americans, what are the effects and what are your chances of being affected?
- What causes chronic disease?
- Are there factors that predispose a person to multiple forms of chronic disease?
- What behavioral changes can we make that will help shield us from chronic disease regardless of the DNA we inherited from our parents?
- Can health supplements help guard against chronic disease
- How does our DNA influence our health, and what steps can we take in light of our DNA to create a positive influence on our health?
Who Is Dr. Denise Tropea, DPM?
Dr. Denise Tropea is a board-certified foot surgeon and has maintained a private practice in Las Vegas for 25 years. She is originally from the New York / New Jersey area and completed her studies at the Scholl College of Podiatry in Chicago. She then went on to complete a 2-year residency in surgery and orthopedics in Salt Lake City before opening her practice in Las Vegas. In 2016 she closed her practice in Las Vegas to follow her passion in health and wellness. Her knowledge of medicine, treatment of chronic conditions, the importance of supplementation and exercise, along with her extraordinary skill as a health educator give her the cutting edge in assisting people in creating their optimal mind, body and soul health.
It’s all about wellness with Dr. Tropea. She combines nutrition, exercise and supplementation, which is the foundation to a successful transformation. Every one of us has the power to be the person that we dream of.
Her knowledge of medicine, treatment of chronic conditions and the importance of supplementation gives her the cutting edge in assisting you in creating optimal health. The tools that Dr. Tropea utilizes has been proven to guide your mind, body and soul. This is what health is all about and the vast majority of people seek the knowledge so they can heal themselves. An initial consultation is the first step to find out what your needs are and how to start the journey.
Contact Dr. Denise Tropea: Beehealthy2016@gmail.com
Benefits of Taking an Active vs. Passive Approach to Our Health:
• Freedom in the move away from captivity to your family health history.
• Improvement and potential relief from chronic disease and its effects.
• Longer life.
• More active, satisfying life every day, month and year from now onward.
Your DNA Is Not Your Destiny (webinar notes):
It has been long known that chronic inflammation due to a buildup of toxins, is the basis for disease. Inflammation can be linked to just about any health condition, such as diabetes and heart disease. The rise of these chronic conditions are the world’s biggest killers today. Antioxidants are natural remedies for combatting inflammation and we can obtain them in our diet or supplemental form. Supplements can be beneficial in reducing the risks of illnesses and boost our overall health. So, do we really know what our bodies truly need? The answer lies in our DNA and customized nutrition is the wave of the future.
Webinar Outline Slides
Impact of Chronic Disease in America
- The projected total cost for treating chronic disease from 2016 to 2030, in America, is 42 trillion.
- 59% of the American population has one or more chronic disease.
- 71% of total healthcare spending in the United States is associated with caring for one or more chronic conditions.
Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Obesity
- Diabetes is a disease of metabolism in which higher than normal blood sugar levels are present over a prolonged period of time.
- Heart disease is a condition where blood vessels are blocked, leading to heart attack or stroke, and other heart conditions.
- Obesity is a medical condition in which the body mass index is 30 or above.
Fast Facts on Diabetes in the United States
- Approximately 10% of the U.S. population or 29 million people have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- 86 million are diagnosed with prediabetes (not having full blown diabetes but has the potential to in 5 years time).
- That’s about 1 out of every 3 adults having prediabetes.
Reference: Center of Disease Control 2014
- 1 in every 4 deaths in America is due to one form of a heart condition.
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease.
- 47% of Americans have at least one of these risk factors.
- Almost 40% of American adults and nearly 20% of adolescents are obese; these are the highest rates ever recorded in the US.
- Unhealthy diet and lack of exercise are clearly the biggest culprits.
- Sleep deprivation can also lead to an increase in obesity and diabetes.
How do these three relate?
- Diabetes, heart disease, and obesity have common risk factors such as sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, and smoking.
- These conditions produce oxidative stress in the body. These are fancy terms for toxins.
- We need to have a constant state of antioxidants in our body to help fight the damaging effects of these conditions.
- Weight loss and exercise
- Research shows that losing 5% to 7% of your body weight helps in improving your health greatly, which is equivalent to approximately 15 lbs of weight in a 200 lb person.
- Proper diet and supplementing the diet with antioxidants
Proper Diet and Supplementing the Diet with Antioxidants
- Healthy choices
- Smaller portions
- what is a serving size?
- Nutrition varies for different age groups
Problems with Supplements
- More than 1/2 of the U.S. adults take vitamin supplements of some kind but are we getting healthier?
- Not all vitamins are created equal
- FDA does not regulate
- How do we know what is in our vitamins?
DNA is Not Your Destiny
Definition of Nutrigenomics:
- Scientific study of the interaction of nutrition and genes.
- The effects of food and supplementation on gene expression.
- Gene expression holds the key to the prevention and treatment of disease.
- First coined by Waddington in 1942
- Study of switching genes on and off based on our consciousness and environment.
- Modifying gene expression
- In the 1990’s, a renewed interest in this field began.
When we take action on these genes through lifestyle, diet, and supplementation, we can improve wellness and combat illness.
Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNP’s)
- Genetic variation in 75% of the population
- Crack in the foundation or a weakness
- Reinforcing the cracks and having the knowledge to support these weaknesses
- This testing gives your body “a voice”
- Fueling the body with the proper ingredients
Achieving Balance in the Body
- Achieving balance equates to our optimal health
- The pillars of health then fall into place
I have brought together the reality of our health in the world we live in today. I have provided the foundation of what we can do to maximize our quality of life and be proactive.
Post Webinar Questions:
Is my supplement effective?
How long until I experience the effect?
What is “vibration”?
Frequency info, energy level. How energy flows. Energy flow influences vibration – raises/lowers. Thoughts.
Can we measure vibration?
Hawkins (level of life/consciousness) Connect feelings in body.
How do I raise my vibration?
Meditation, Detoxing, Being present with self, harmonizing mind, heart.
DNA Testing: How to select?
Contact Dr. Denise Tropea: Beehealthy2016@gmail.com