Blue Diamond Hill, Nevada | Overview
(Click Through to Individual Trails and Wilderness Routes Below)
(Mileage Below is Round Trip. Altitude and Mileage are Approximate)
Blue Diamond Hill Adventures
The “Un-Ski Slopes” of Blue Diamond Hill, Nevada
Blue Diamond Hill has these similarities with a ski area:
- Runs of various difficulties with names like: “Bunny”, “Muffin”, “Radio Tower”, “Overlook Ridge”, “Bone Shaker”, “Bob Gnarly”.
- Names like “First Finger”, “Second Finger”, “Cowboy Canyon” and “Skull Canyon” recall possible names that could appear on ski slopes.
- Ski slopes have a “diamond” rating system:
- Green Diamond: Beginner – Easy (“Bunny”, “Muffin”) hills with 6-25% incline.
- Blue Diamond: Intermediate – 25-40% incline. “Bob Gnarly”?
- Black Diamond: Difficult – 40% and steeper incline. “Bone Shaker”?
Where Blue Diamond Hill is Different Than a Ski Area
- There’s no snow!
- There are no skiers – mountain bikers instead.
- There’s no ski lodge.
All that aside, it’s fun to think of Blue Diamond Hill as an “Un-Ski Slope”. And, if you’re a mountain biker hurtling down one of the runs you may get the feeling skiers have as they hurtle down ski slopes.