What makes a wilderness adventure legendary?
- For some, the legendary part represents human achievement in overcoming challenges. That’s okay, but not what we mean here by legendary.
- For us, the word legendary refers to a wonderous, total immersion in the wilderness. The focus is not human achievement, but rather, the spectacular legendary wilderness!
- So, for these legendary wilderness adventures, you will seldom if ever see the person. On the other hand, you’ll see and celebrate the wilderness!
Common Characteristics of These Legendary Wilderness Adventures
- Total immersion in the wilderness for the greater part of a day.
- Pathless route to and beyond multiple landmark high points.
- Often, crossing from one major wilderness area to another through an artificial human boundary.
Click the Thumbnail Images Below to View Legendary Wilderness Adventures!
30 mi / Approx. 10,000ft Total Elevation Gain
**Some Trails, Some Wilderness**
(Includes Harris Mt., Griffith Peak, Charleston Peak, Lee Peak…still needs Mummy Mt., Fetcher Peak)
17 mi | 11hr, 20min | 3,000ft Elevation Gain; Overall Elevation Gain: 6,000ft+
**Some Good Trails; Some Faint Trails; Some Pathless Wilderness**
Future Legendary Wilderness Adventures
When you have accomplished one of these or a similar Las Vegas Area Legendary Wilderness Adventure…
Submit your adventure description, video and images to DavidSmith@LasVegasAreaTrails.com
If your adventure meets the above criteria for a Las Vegas Area Wilderness Adventure, we’d be overjoyed to feature it!
Note: Your content needs to be unique…not a copy of content featured elsewhere on the web.
Six-Peak Summit Circuit: Harris Mt; Griffith Peak; Charleston Peak; Lee Peak; Mummy Mt; Fletcher Peak
Rainbow Mountains Upper Crest Ridgeline End to End (Highway 16o to Willow Spring in Red Rock Canyon)
Kyle Canyon Over El Bastardo to Willow Spring in Red Rock Canyon
Up Wilson Ridge to Harris Mt.; Cross Over to Griffith Peak; Descend Sexton Ridge. Start & End Point: Lovell Canyon Campground Area
La Madre Mountains Cliffs from Willow Spring Area in Red Rock Canyon to El Padre, Then Damsel Peak, Descend to Calico Basin Kraft Mountain Area
Willow Spring in Red Rock Canyon to Griffith Peak
Lee Canyon to Pahrump
Valley of Fire State Park Perimeter
Death Valley Grand Crossing from Telescope Peak to Dante’s View
Fossil Ridge from West End at Mormon Well Road to East End at Las Vegas Range
Sheep Range Grand Crossing from Cow Camp Road, Over Sheep Peak and Hayford Peak, Then Down to Pine Nut Road.
Sheep Range North to South
Gass Peak West to East
Arizona’s Black Mountains North to South
Old Arrowhead Road from Valley of Fire to Salt Lake City (multi-day adventure)