Anniversary Ridge | Muddy Mountains Wilderness, Nevada
Adventure Video Goes Here
Overview | Anniversary Ridge | Muddy Mountains Wilderness, Nevada
Adventure to occur soon during Winter
Anniversary Ridge, the highest overlook point in its area on the Eastern border of the Muddy Mountains Wilderness, offers a spectacular aerial view of the Bowl of Fire, almost immediately below, and views all the way to Lake Mead. Ascending Anniversary Ridge involves a rather involved unmarked approach route and finally, traversing a very narrow ridge with dramatic drop-offs on either side. But it’s great fun all the way!
Best Time of Year for Anniversary Ridge Adventure
Due to excessive heat from late Spring to early Fall, the best time to explore Anniversary Ridge is from Late Fall to Early Spring.
Trailhead Directions | Anniversary Ridge | Muddy Mountains Wilderness, Nevada
- Start on Northshore Road traveling North
- Take a left at mile 16 onto Callville Wash Road North (unpaved road)
- If you do not have 4WD there is a wide area for parking at the beginning of Callville Wash Road North
- Head upstream in the wash. When it splits, take the left split toward the Bowl of Fire (Anniversary Mine Rd?).
- Follow the left split in the “mine” area (smaller road breaks off left from Anniversary Mine Road).
- Stay to the left of the mine area and follow the road around the bend as it goes downhill with a huge drop-off on the left to the wash. Park here (the road is washed out at the bottom of the wash).
- Head up the wash to Anniversary Narrows.
- Continue through the Anniversary Narrows and up the canyon at the upper end of the narrows.
- Keep right up the canyons and navigate toward the high ridge to your right. This is Anniversary Ridge.
Route Observations | Anniversary Ridge | Muddy Mountains Wilderness, Nevada