Las Vegas Area Trails
(Select Area, Then Click Through to Individual Trails and Wilderness Routes)
David Smith, a long time trail runner, moved to Las Vegas, Nevada in 2016 and fell in love with the wilderness areas around Las Vegas. In his first 3 years he mostly explored the Mt. Charleston area, Red Rock National Park and Death Valley National Park. Beginning in November of 2018, he began to systematically explore new trails and wilderness areas – some largely uncharted. He created LasVegasAreaTrails.com to document his adventures while inviting others to explore these wilderness areas.
Mummy Mountain Head from Lee Canyon
Mummy Summit from Lee Canyon
Sisters Circuit in Lee Canyon
Sexton Ridge to Griffith Peak
Charleston Peak Summit from Cathedral Rock
Fletcher Peak/Cockscomb Ridge Circuit
Six-Peak Spring Mountains Circuit
Mt. Whitney, CA
Big Dune on Hwy 95
Additional Lake Mead Destinations
Valley of Fire Circuit
Blue Diamond Mountain Area
1) Do you tend to explore a mountain you see, then later consult a map to find out where you were vs. consulting a map before entering the area?
2) Do you feel more at home, safe and at peace in a wilderness area miles from the nearest human than you feel in an urban setting?
3) Do you navigate by the sky, the terrain, surrounding landmarks, faint tracks and gut feelings vs. referring to maps and electronic devices?
4) Does it sometimes seem to others that you’re a bit careless and irresponsible, although you yourself feel confident in the numerous hidden safety measures and precautions you employ while navigating wilderness areas?
5) Does it sometimes take numerous trips to reach a destination or summit because you’re discovering potential routes as you go? However, by the time you reach the goal you know the entire mountain like your own living room?
6) Do you feel by the time you’ve explored an entire wilderness area that you could be landed there by helicopter, blindfolded, yet still easily find your way around and out? And that this would be great fun?
7) Do you feel that the boundary between yourself and the wilderness has dissolved, and it’s hard to say where you end and the wilderness begins?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you likely have the heart of an explorer!
Sponsor LasVegasAreaTrails.com and Gain Exposure for Your Business.
Realtors, Travel Agencies, Hospitality Industry, Casinos. Attract new customers to Las Vegas as an ecotourism destination.