Western Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Eastern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Northern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Southern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Mt. Charleston Summit
Las Vegas Area Trails is a site created especially for you if:
- You’re a wilderness explorer at heart and love hiking, climbing or especially trail running.
- You live in or near Las Vegas, Nevada or visit Las Vegas often.
- You feel that a drive of up to 3 hours from Las Vegas is worth it if you end up in an astonishingly beautiful wilderness area.
- You want to achieve your optimal health and help others to do so.
David Smith, a long time trail runner, moved to Las Vegas, Nevada in 2016 and fell in love with the wilderness areas around Las Vegas. In his first 3 years he mostly explored the Mt. Charleston area, Red Rock National Park and Death Valley National Park. Beginning in November of 2018, he began to systematically explore new trails and wilderness areas – some largely uncharted. He created LasVegasAreaTrails.com to document his adventures while inviting others to explore these wilderness areas.
Return often to get ideas for your next wilderness adventure. A new trail adventure page will appear each week on this expanding wilderness website.
Mummy Mt. Summit
3 Most Recent Adventures
September 4, 2021
August 28, 2021
Telescope Peak and Wildrose Charcoal Kilns, Death Valley
August 21, 2021
Mummy Mountain Summit from Lee Canyon
Upcoming Adventures: Fall-Winter/2021
Aguereberry Point Death Valley (9/25/2021)
Eureka Mine, Death Valley (9/25/2021)
Skidoo, Death Valley (9/25/2021)
Charleston Loop (10/2/2021)
Mummy Summit from Lee Canyon (10/9/2021)
Bonanza Peak from Lee Canyon (10/16/2021)
Mummy Mountain Head from Lee Canyon (10/23/2021)
Potosi Summit Northern Approach (11/6/2021)
Dantes View to Badwater, Death Valley (11/13/2021)
Titus Canyon Loop Mountain Bike (11/20/2021)
Natural Bridge Canyon, Death Valley (11/27/2021)
Mosaic Canyon, Death Valley (11/27/2021)
Eureka Dune via Mountain Bike, Death Valley (12/4/2021)
Mt. Wilson Summit, Arizona (12/11/2021)
Devil’s Race Track via Mountain Bike, Death Valley (12/18/2021)
Projected Adventures: Winter/2022
Anniversary Ridge (Muddy Mountains)
Bridge Mt. (Rainbow Mountains)
Juniper Peak (Rainbow Mountains) Summit Routes
Mt. Wilson Summit, Rainbow Mt. (Rainbow Mountains)
Ice Box Canyon (Red Rock Park)
Pine Creek Canyon (Red Rock Park)
Projected Adventures: Spring/2022
Hayford Peak, Sheep Range
Sheep Range Grand Crossing
El Padre Mountain (La Madre Mt. Wilderness)
El Bastardo Mountain (La Madre Mt. Wilderness)
Kyle Canyon to Red Rock over La Madre Mountain
La Madre Mountain Summit (South, East, West)
Legendary La Madre Mountain Loop (East to West)
Projected Adventures: Summer/2022
Lee Peak from Lee Canyon
Charleston Peak Summit from Cathedral Rock
Six-Peak Spring Mountains Circuit
Fletcher Peak/Cockscomb Ridge Circuit
Do You Have the Heart of An Explorer? (take this test)
1) Do you tend to explore a mountain you see, then later consult a map to find out where you were vs. consulting a map before entering the area?
2) Do you feel more at home, safe and at peace in a wilderness area miles from the nearest human than you feel in an urban setting?
3) Do you navigate by the sky, the terrain, surrounding landmarks, faint tracks and gut feelings vs. referring to maps and electronic devices?
4) Does it sometimes seem to others that you’re a bit careless and irresponsible, although you yourself feel confident in the numerous hidden safety measures and precautions you employ while navigating wilderness areas?
5) Does it sometimes take numerous trips to reach a destination or summit because you’re discovering potential routes as you go? However, by the time you reach the goal you know the entire mountain like your own living room?
6) Do you feel by the time you’ve explored an entire wilderness area that you could be landed there by helicopter, blindfolded, yet still easily find your way around and out? And that this would be great fun?
7) Do you feel that the boundary between yourself and the wilderness has dissolved, and it’s hard to say where you end and the wilderness begins?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you likely have the heart of an explorer!
Get Healthy, Enjoy More Hiking and Running!
Imagine living every day in your optimal health for a longer, more active and satisfying life! We’ll help you get there. Over 15 experts from a wide variety of Las Vegas health professions offer their best wisdom on how to attain your optimal health in a number of specific areas ranging from nutrition, exercise and pain management to skincare, weight management, mindset and much more. Receive practical, actionable insight that will move you toward attaining your optimal health. Register during the series to attend live and also find webinar replays here.
Las Vegas Area Trails Sponsors
Sponsor LasVegasAreaTrails.com and Gain Exposure for Your Business. Realtors, Travel Agencies, Hospitality Industry, Casinos. Attract new customers to Las Vegas with its natural wonders.