Western Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Las Vegas Metro Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Eastern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Northern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Southern Las Vegas Area Trails & Wilderness Exploration
Mt. Charleston Summit
Las Vegas Area Trails is a site created especially for you if:
- You’re a wilderness explorer at heart and love hiking, climbing or especially trail running.
- You live in or near Las Vegas, Nevada or visit Las Vegas often.
- You feel that a drive of up to 3 hours from Las Vegas is worth it if you end up in an astonishingly beautiful wilderness area.
- You can no longer experience adventures like these, so a virtual video tour would be a great joy.
- You want to achieve your optimal health and help others to do so.
David Smith, a long time trail runner, moved to Las Vegas, Nevada in 2016 and fell in love with the wilderness areas around Las Vegas. In his first 3 years he mostly explored the Mt. Charleston area, Red Rock National Park and Death Valley National Park. Beginning in November of 2018, he began to systematically explore new trails and wilderness areas – some largely uncharted. He created LasVegasAreaTrails.com to document his adventures while inviting others to explore these wilderness areas.
Return often to get ideas for your next wilderness adventure. A new trail adventure page will appear each week on this expanding wilderness website.
Mummy Mt. Summit
Most Recent Adventures
June 18, 2022
The Sisters South Peak, Lee Canyon
June 11, 2022
Macks Peak Base from Lee Canyon Rd via Macks Canyon Rd
June 4, 2022
Pinyon Pine Loop Trail
Projected Adventures: Future Summers
Mummy Mountain Head from Lee Canyon
Mummy Summit from Lee Canyon
Lee Peak from Lee Canyon
Sisters in Lee Canyon
Sexton Ridge to Griffith Peak
Charleston Peak Summit from Cathedral Rock
Fletcher Peak/Cockscomb Ridge Circuit
Six-Peak Spring Mountains Circuit
Mt. Whitney, CA
Projected Adventures Future Winters
Additional Lake Mead Destinations
Valley of Fire Circuit
Blue Diamond Mountain Area
Projected Adventures: Future Spring/Fall
Rainbow Mts Upper Crest Ridgeline Overview
Mud Springs Loop
Ridge Above Skye Canyon
Summerlin Ridge and Peak
Cliff Shadows Open Desert Park Area
Cliff Shadows Trigono Hills Park Area
Kyle Canyon to Red Rock over La Madre Mountain
La Madre Mountain Summit (South, East, West)
Legendary La Madre Mountain Loop (East to West)
El Bastardo Mountain (La Madre Mt. Wilderness)
Damsel Peak South Approach
Western Cliffs Ridgeline to Summit
Southeastern Summit Approach from Hwy 160
Anniversary Ridge (Muddy Mountains)
Sheep Range Grand Crossing
Sheep Range End-to-End
Ice Box Canyon
Pine Creek Canyon
White Rock Mt. Redo
Gold Butte National Monument
Red Cliffs NCA
Dixie National Forest
Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument
Great Basin National Park
Do You Have the Heart of An Explorer? (take this test)
1) Do you tend to explore a mountain you see, then later consult a map to find out where you were vs. consulting a map before entering the area?
2) Do you feel more at home, safe and at peace in a wilderness area miles from the nearest human than you feel in an urban setting?
3) Do you navigate by the sky, the terrain, surrounding landmarks, faint tracks and gut feelings vs. referring to maps and electronic devices?
4) Does it sometimes seem to others that you’re a bit careless and irresponsible, although you yourself feel confident in the numerous hidden safety measures and precautions you employ while navigating wilderness areas?
5) Does it sometimes take numerous trips to reach a destination or summit because you’re discovering potential routes as you go? However, by the time you reach the goal you know the entire mountain like your own living room?
6) Do you feel by the time you’ve explored an entire wilderness area that you could be landed there by helicopter, blindfolded, yet still easily find your way around and out? And that this would be great fun?
7) Do you feel that the boundary between yourself and the wilderness has dissolved, and it’s hard to say where you end and the wilderness begins?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, you likely have the heart of an explorer!
Get Healthy, Enjoy More Hiking and Running!
Imagine living every day in your optimal health for a longer, more active and satisfying life! We’ll help you get there. Over 15 experts from a wide variety of Las Vegas health professions offer their best wisdom on how to attain your optimal health in a number of specific areas ranging from nutrition, exercise and pain management to skincare, weight management, mindset and much more. Receive practical, actionable insight that will move you toward attaining your optimal health. Register during the series to attend live and also find webinar replays here.
Las Vegas Area Trails Sponsors
Sponsor LasVegasAreaTrails.com and Gain Exposure for Your Business. Realtors, Travel Agencies, Hospitality Industry, Casinos. Attract new customers to Las Vegas with its natural wonders.